miércoles, 8 de septiembre de 2004

Tomado de CoF

It was 3 am in Canterbury New Hampshire, I was driving down to Boston to take my flight to Mexico city...This was my sixth time seeing The Cure this year including Coachella, which by the way I thought it could never be topped...Boy was I wrong!!!...As soon as I got off the plane in Mexico City every single newspaper had something about The Cure and my anxiety was building to a maximum.....Early Saturday Morning, my friend Lalito and my good friend Roger (whom by the way both had driven the tedious 10 hour trip to see The Cure in Monterrey back in 92) met for breakfast and were talking about set lists and the songs we wanted to hear, then we listened the AOL sessions recordings along with some live stuff from France taped earlier this year. When we arrived at the Palacio de Los Deportes I was amazed to see how many people had make up on and how many of them had Cure T-shirts on.

They also had Robert Smith stuffed dolls for sale and The Cure tequila shot glasses, ashtrays, bandanas, coffee mugs, lighters, flags, posters and even Old $50.00 pesos Mexican coins with Robert Smith's face and The end of the world tour 2004 engraved in it.

We had section C-8 row Q seats, the show started exactly at 8:17 pm with "Lost" The noise level was unbearable, these Mexican fans were so loud that I couldn't hear my self think. Some of the highlights for me were to see Robert look so happy and amazed to see the crowd singing most of "Grinding Halt", or the whole arena "pogo dancing" to "Boys Don't Cry", and if you think the French fans were loud on "Play For Today" on the Paris disk wait till you here these guys going OOOOhhhhh! OOOOOhhhhhh! ooooooHHHHH! at this show (hope somebody taped it) When Robert sang "The Lovecats" the crowd was singing word by word as well..The best though was at the end of the last encore when Robert got in front of the crowd stretched his arms and closed his fists and after playing for close to three hours said in disbelief "Look at them, they want more!" Robert then went around the stage a couple times...He left...lights went on...Left my seat and outside the arena the crowd was still chanting loud "The Cure..The Cure...The Cure"

For a manic Cure fan like my self this show was the best I have ever been to and I have no words to explain what I felt throughout the show and thank the Mexican fans for such an awesome experience.

- Daniel Torres

No hay comentarios.: